Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Creative me!

I've been thinking...and i came to realize how much this relationship I'm in enhanced my life.

I've known for a while that i wanted to pursue nursing as a career. I've also known that i am IN LOVE with music...although i cant sing, rap, play ANY instruments (apart from alto saxophone in 6th grade band class, and mary had a little lamb on the piano lol). Other than that...im a BEAST at singing in the shower and behind the wheel of my car...but thats it. I sound pretty horrible and i am comfortable with that!

Well...i already discussed in my first blog how i felt/feel about poetry. Just never really put pen to paper until recently. My bf is my number one fan (and my main topic most of the time) and has always encouraged me to write...hell he put me on to this blogging thing!

My boyfriend is THE most creative person i have ever had in my life. He makes beats (myspace.com/quedaboywonder), as a matter of fact...im on his bed writing this blog while he makes this sick beat on his MPC2000XL. He likes to wear Ice Creams (Pharrell Williams brand) and colorful things, and he is FAR from a clone...he does his own thing and follows his own trends. He is a beast on them beats and has an ear for great music.

but i digress...

Since being with him he has definitely brought out my creative side. B4 him, i feel like i was just goin to school and just living. Goin out sometimes and chillin...now i am writing poetry, learning to play the guitar...together (hopefully someday i can get a nice acoustic guitar), and my dress code is a bit more colorful.

Not only that...like i said earlier...im in love with music...and being with him, i feel like i am somehow a part of it!! He teaches me what everything means...i help him make beats sometimes...and its my voice that says his name on every song he produces! Soon enough i will be in the "Stu" (studio) wit him surrounded by a buliding full of industry folk...its a great feeling.

Overall, i just feel like an updated version of ME. I feel like my life was lightweight "regular" until now. I feel like these things were always a part of me...it was just hidden...and i feel like im finally the person i am meant to be...different and far from regular :)

No comments:

Post a Comment